Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Eighteen Tissues

Hello my Fluffy Unicorns!

Quite a few of my dear friends have been trying to get to me to watch this years film score (If that's what you'd call it) Le Miserables. :) I finally did. Before I go any farther though, I want to tell y'all this story. My brother, who is an author, went to see this movie, and came to see me a few days after. He sat down on my sofa and told me point blank: 
"Regina, you have got to go see this movie." 
"Why? Someone told me that it was sad..." (I'm not big into sad movies.)
"I want you to watch it because you'll fall in love with the revolutionaries, learn their songs, and cry when they die." 

He couldn't have been more right! My twenty-eight year old brother, predicted exactly what I did to the letter. Mind = Blown. 

I started this movie at 6:00 Saturday night, with my sister-in-law.  First tissue used: Fantine is talking to non-existent Cosette. When Enjolras and Marius started singing, I lost it. They hadn't even finished singing the Red and Black song and I was singing along. Marius almost blew up the barricade, I about blew my top. ("NO NO NO! I FORBID YOU TO DO ANY SUCH THING! TAKE AWAY THAT TORCH ENJOLRAS! GOOD BOY!") Those soldiers shot up, up, at my darling boys, killed three, leaving Enjolras. And then, then, that one cute revolutionary, whose name escapes me, come running up to Enjolras. They raise their little red flag. BANG. My heart stops. Enjolras dies. Cute curly-haired revolutionary dies. I die. 

Eighteen tissues later... WHO said it was OKAY that Enjolras and the others could DIE?!?! NO. THIS IS NOT OKAY. I was literally shaking in my seat, sobbing my little eyes out, using every tissue I could get my hands on, and freaking Oreo (the cat) out. This movie was by far, the best musical I have ever seen. I am buying this movie, memorizing the soundtrack which my brother made me, and going to the play in July if it kills me! 

God Bless,
Nina

P.S. After watching Le Miz we watched Mama Mia (because I wanted to watch a happy movie) and Grease. Then my sister-in-law had me watch Glee... Eh. But,  I'm on such a singing kick all of my thoughts and dreams have been in song. :) 

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm the only person I know who didn't cry during the movie. I was sad when Enjolras died (I wish it was Marius who died :(

    ReplyDelete