Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2013

A History Lesson

Hello My Fluffy Unicorns!

MERRY CHRISTMAS

And Happy (late) Thanksgiving! I have been so busy lately, I haven't written anything. I'M SUCH A TERRIBLE PERSON. I'M SO SORRY.  But this coming year I plan to do a blog post every Saturday. Better? 

For my English class I have been doing research on my family tree, and I have discovered quiet a bit! And I thought I'd share it with all of you since I haven't posted in a long time. 

First, during the Revolutionary War, my ancestors were loyalists.  Now before you go off an a tangent about that, let me just say that she (I don't know her name, my research could only go so far) was related to the British crown. And as far as I can tell, that's why they were loyalists. Anyway, as a result we were entitled "the despicable Parsells". 

Laugh all you like. Ha, ha ha. 

I guess we used to be rather rich, in that we had a bunch of land. All that went away during the war. The patriots took our land, and sold it. Literally, I found a newspaper clipping, dated in 1783, where a farm that was on our property was for sale. Isn't that crazy? 

Finally, sometime between 1844 and 1864 Franklin Parsell moved to Michigan. And that is why I live here and not New York. 

Isn't that an interesting story?  Let me know what you think! :) 

~Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment