Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2013

No Mores: My Cake Pop Adventure

Hello my Fluffy Unicorns!

As some of you may know, my sister is having a baby! Yesterday was her shower, which I co-planned with my wonderful sister-in-law, Cindy. The theme was "She's about to pop". So everything had to "pop". We had "Pop"corn, Cake "Pop"s, "Pop-able" meatballs, Capri "Pop"s, and Grape "Pop"s to eat. And Cindy made the most beautiful decorations. 

To get to the point, I had three jobs: 1. Show up 2. Buy diapers for our Conversational Diapers game 3. Make the Cake Pops. 

Simple right? 

Wrong. 

I borrowed a Cake Pop maker from my dear friend, and asked another friend (who hadn't made Cake Pops before, like me) to come and help me make them. We started making them at 9:30 in the morning. We made the cake batter from scratch, and made all the balls to begin with. Then, following the directions to the letter, we put them in the freezer.  While they were in the freezer, the directions said to make the chocolate coating. I have made chocolate candy from the day I was born, I know how to melt chocolate. But, according to the recipe it said to add butter. I have never added butter to the mix. Ever. However, since i have never made Cake Pops before, I felt that I should follow the directions. 

I ruined three bags of chocolate. 

When I finally got the chocolate to work, I was almost out of chocolate and had to break up some of my emergency chocolate bars to save the day. 

In the end, it took my friend and I eleven hours to make 95 cake pops. 

Expectations: 


Reality:


So in the end, we called them No Mores because we are never making them again. If anyone wants some Cake Pops they can ask someone else, my kitchen's closed.

On the flipside, they did taste very good. I got several compliments on them, so they were worth it. But I still won't make them anymore. 

God Bless,
~Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment