Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

Happy Birthday!

Hello my Fluffy Unicorns!

Two posts in one day! Yay! I wanted to write this post, and dedicate it to my unborn (miscarried) brother George. I got this huge feeling today that it's his birthday. There's no way of knowing if it really is or not, but I'm going to honor him anyway. 

I often wonder what George would have been like. Would he have had brown eyes like me? Would he have been tall or short? Would he have glasses like me? Blond hair, or brown hair? What if he was a ginger? Ha! What an idea. Would he be a serious person, or a funny person? I seriously don't know, but I wish I did. I sometimes wonder if he and me would have been close. I'm not really "close" close with any of my siblings. Sometimes I wonder if I lost my best friend, my therapist (if you will), my partner-in-crime, my security. I guess I'll never really know if that's true, but I can't help feeling that way. 

Even though he was never here physically, he has played a huge roll in shaping my life. The time I was swinging really high and the chain broke. I did a complete back flip and 360. I should have broken my arm at least, but I was perfectly fine. Another time my swing broke, and I landed flat on my back. Again, I should have had some kind of injury. And again, I was perfectly fine. I'm not saying God didn't have something to do with these, but I feel in my heart that George had something to do with all of them. 

It's not just my life that he's been a part of, he's played a part in all of our lives. The time my sister rolled her car and hit a tree? She literally should be dead. AND SHE'S FINE. A little weird now, but otherwise she's fine. 

This isn't really a random post, and it's not at all very funny, but I just wanted to tell George in a special way, Happy Birthday! He'd be either 28 or 27 today. Happy Birthday big brother! Thank you for watching out for me, and praying for me. Thank you for being there for me, to catch me when I fall, to point the way when I'm lost, to be the bright light through the fog of life. Thank you for loving me anyway, knowing the terrible sinner that I am. Thank you for protecting me from all those broken bones, from heartache, and (probably) death. I love you and I can't wait until we can finally hug for real. The best part of all this, is the fact that you will never leave me. That's my favorite part. :')




Also my fluffy unicorns, thanks for being there for me and reading this. :) 

God bless,
Nina

1 comment:

  1. Aw Regina you made me cry :') but they were the happy kind of tears.

    ReplyDelete